How to buy running shoes that are perfect for you
When you buy running shoes, choose the shoe that will best suit you, don’t go for the latest fad or a flashy color scheme.
Although they may look good, they may not be right for you.
Here are some of the different kinds of shoes available, this is just a basic list but will help steer you in the right direction.
- Stability shoes These provide extra support to the arch of the foot. They also have excellent mid-sole cushioning and are a good choice for your heavier runner.
- Motion control shoes These are generally for heavier runners and that pronate excessively. These shoes control heel movement and provide good support to the arch of the foot.
- Cushioned shoes This shoe has added cushioning in the midsole, but not much arch support. Mostly used by fairly light runners.
- Racing shoes These are extremely light but offer very little in the way of cushioning or support. They are best left to the super lightweight speedsters.
- Off road shoes These are made for runners who want to run off road. They have excellent traction, should be water resistant and be able to withstand abuse.
Just as a side note, if you tried trail running yet, give it a go it’s a blast
When you buy shoes make sure they fit properly.
Click this link for information on how to fit your shoes correctly. Make sure that you get shoes that really do feel good on your feet.
Ill fitting shoes can lead to all sorts of really nasty injuries, so take your time and choose carefully.
Ok now for something not so serious, my long time love affair came to an end. Click the link
my top running shoes
and read on…..
Get shoes, get out there and enjoy.