You can lose weight walking, in fact its not that hard. Read on to find out how.
Research has shown that the risk of a first heart attack is cut by almost 50 percent with about 40 minutes of exercise 5 times a week. Just this fact alone should be enough to get you out the door and walking.
The health benefits are so powerful that a smoker who exercises has a lower risk than a non-smoker who is also a non-exerciser, sound crazy but it’s a fact.
Your goals determine how often and how long you walk, so here’s a guide to help you get to where you want to be.
General health benefits
Walk 30 minutes a day at a “talking” pace, your breathing rate is raised but you can still talk. If you are just starting out then this is a good place to start.
Walk 3 to 4 days a week for 20 to 30 minutes at a fast pace. Your breathing is hard but you aren’t gasping for air.
Walk at least 5 days a week for 45 to 60 minutes at a brisk pace. You can hear your breathing but you can still talk. If you do this you will see your weight decrease drastically.
Eight health reasons to Walk
- Lower low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (“bad” cholesterol)
- Raise high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (“good” cholesterol)
- Build stronger and bigger lungs
- Build a stronger heart
- Lower your blood pressure
- Reduce your risk or manage type II diabetes
- Manage your weight
- Improve your mood, the rest of your family and friends will be grateful.